New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

New display om MBP went out fast

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

FatherTime

FatherTime will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: llci to Mac Pro "26 Kids" all named Mac

I just replaced a broken display in a MBP 15" Core Duo. I worked for about 10 min's then just displays a faint blue. I connected a external DVI and it works properly. Is there something I can do to revive it? I had to wait two weeks for it to come from Canada and christmas is not going to wait
QUOTE Thanks
Nola26

Nola26 is on a distinguished road

Sounds like one of two things. Either you got a defective replacement screen, in which case the answer to you question is no. Or you have another internal issue causing the screen not to work or to fail quickly. In that case the screen might not be lost but you would need to find the underlying problem.
QUOTE Thanks
FatherTime

FatherTime will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: llci to Mac Pro "26 Kids" all named Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nola26 View Post
Sounds like one of two things. Either you got a defective replacement screen, in which case the answer to you question is no. Or you have another internal issue causing the screen not to work or to fail quickly. In that case the screen might not be lost but you would need to find the underlying problem.
Funny now it started to work, I'm going to cycle it a lot to see if it holds. This machine has been in a closet since summer 2007 with a shattered display.:-)
QUOTE Thanks
rustyk123

rustyk123 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro with Retina Display: Core i7 2.3GHz, 16GB, 256GB, Mountain Lion

It sounds to me that the cable is loose or damaged, or the board on the back of the screen is either defective or was damaged in installation. I would pop it open again and make sure all the cables are properly connected.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« "Enter/Return" key not working | Buying MBP - Need Assistance »