New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Damage on a brand new macbook pro

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

oikido

oikido is on a distinguished road

I live in Europe and I bought a macbook pro from apple website (usa) and my friend recieved it in New York a month ago. He did not even unbox it just to leave that pleasure to me. Now he brought it to me but there is something that i did not like on it. It has a little curve at the bottom side, it is like something hit on that little side. Looks like nothing is wrong except for apperance.

I think it is really late to complain or object to apple beacuse of that. But i would like to know if you experienced or heard of it, or is there something to worry about?

thanks a lot for your reply in advance.
QUOTE Thanks
ycl1688

ycl1688 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: mbp 15 2009, mbp 13 2010

if the pc runs good, then only appearance damage. so what. You could have told your friend to at least unpack the package, inspect for damage.
QUOTE Thanks
Mexx

Mexx is on a distinguished road

Wouldn't you just be able to bring it to any Apple story in Europe?
QUOTE Thanks
oikido

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipadder474 View Post
If you could post a picture it would help us, I did not see anything like this on my new Mac Pro notebook.
I am sorry it is on yours. Glad it does not keep it from working well.
You are right, here its picture.
Unfortunently there is no official apple store near where i live.
Maybe it is not a big deal but still annoys me a bit.

QUOTE Thanks
Chuckoir

Chuckoir is a jewel in the roughChuckoir is a jewel in the roughChuckoir is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 13" Late 2011 MBP,iPad '3' 32gb,iPhone4 32gb

Ouch. If you had received it directly in the post from Apple like that, then I would say definitely return it, as that's not on.

How far away is your nearest Apple store? You could try phoning them and emailing them a picture, and come to some sort of agreement whereby you send it back to them, and they send you a new one.

The trouble is though, is convincing them that it happened in transit before your friend got his mitts on it... Which won't be easy. Good luck!

Play the guitar?! Check out the [newly created]Mac-Forums guitar thread!
QUOTE Thanks
ycl1688

ycl1688 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: mbp 15 2009, mbp 13 2010

seems to be very light dent, if apple cannot do anything, most likely they will
not do much to help, you can take the bottom plate and try to straighten a bit by using a piece of flat wood cover by cloth and rub against the plate.
QUOTE Thanks
oikido

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckoir View Post
Ouch. If you had received it directly in the post from Apple like that, then I would say definitely return it, as that's not on.

How far away is your nearest Apple store? You could try phoning them and emailing them a picture, and come to some sort of agreement whereby you send it back to them, and they send you a new one.

The trouble is though, is convincing them that it happened in transit before your friend got his mitts on it... Which won't be easy. Good luck!
I live in Istanbul and the closest official apple store is a couple of country far away.
I guess the only way is to express myself is calling apple US. I could not find a way to do it by email. I do not think it will work though.

So anyone think this dent may affect the system inside? Is it worth to struggle with trying to replace it?
QUOTE Thanks
19birel

19birel is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.4Ghz i5 13" MBP antiglare 16gb RAM 500gb HD OSX 10.9.x

I can deffinetly see how this would annoy you, what I would do is just buy another bottom cover it it is not too expensive.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« replace internal drive | MacBook remote control not working in SL 10.6.8! »