Should I wait to get the Pro?
    There have been rumors of a new Macbook Pro coming in May 2012-ish. Do you guys think we will see a renovation, and if so, how significant do you think it will be?

The reason I ask is bc I am a HS senior, and my parents told me that they would get me a Macbook as a graduation present. I don't know whether to just get the current 15 inch model now, or if it's worth it to wait for the new ones. I would only really care if they got significant new additions. Should I wait for the new ones or just get one now?

Specs:
    4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by aduli22 View Post
    There have been rumors of a new Macbook Pro coming in May 2012-ish. Do you guys think we will see a renovation, and if so, how significant do you think it will be?

The reason I ask is bc I am a HS senior, and my parents told me that they would get me a Macbook as a graduation present. I don't know whether to just get the current 15 inch model now, or if it's worth it to wait for the new ones. I would only really care if they got significant new additions. Should I wait for the new ones or just get one now?
    When are you graduating?

If it were me and I wasn't actually going to graduate until next May/June I would wait.
    I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .

Specs:
    Mac Book Elite 250gb
    Smile Wait! Hold on to the money.....for now. 2012 will surprise all.
    Quote Originally Posted by aduli22 View Post

Wait! hold on to the $$$$$. 2012 will surprise everyone.

Specs:
    Late 2011 13" MBP 2.4 GHz i5 16gb RAM, Early 2008 Mac Pro 2.8Ghz 8-Core Xeon 6gb RAM OSX 10.9.x
    I agree, if your graduating next may or june wait. better safe than sorry.

Thread Information