New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Help buying my first MacBook

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

MrDBW

MrDBW is on a distinguished road

A couple of days ago I decided to buy a MacBook. I started searching and I'm having trouble deciding which one is the best for me. I like games a lot, like call of duty, portal, etc... I don't know if a core-duo macbook will run these games perfectly, so I'm also considerating buying the 15'' macbook pro. I'd also like a macbook with a relative big screen. I'm in doubt about buying these 3 macbooks:

-MacBook Air 13''

-Macbook Pro 13''

-MacBook Pro 15''

Which one is the fastest? Does the quad-core 15'' run games better than the other two? I would appreciate a good answer.

Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
foxj66

foxj66 is on a distinguished road

You should have no trouble with the occasional older game such as the original portal it will run fine on the 13" pro. The 15" does have better graphics which should make it run games better, If a bigger screen is also a must have it makes the price difference between a 13 and 15 easier to swallow. The top model 15 should run almost any game released in the last couple years. It probably wont run BF3 or MW3 at max. I think it will run any game that is currently out in a Mac version.

2.26 GHz White Unibody,160GB Intel X-25m, 8GB Ram, Mac mini 2.26GHz, 500GB 7200 RPM Hitachi drive, 4GB Ram
QUOTE Thanks
wolfpuppies3

wolfpuppies3 is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 15" MB Pro, 2.66 i7 ; 11 MBA 1.8GZ i7; 13"MBA 2GZ i7 8 GB mem 512GB SSD, 2 iPad3s, 1 iPad Mini

And I would always get the fastest processor and most memory I can afford. The processor you must choose when you place your order, the memory you may add yourself later.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Headphones on Mac | Installing Linux from flash drive onto Macbook »