New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Graphic Card 13" MBP

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Mexx

Mexx is on a distinguished road

Hey guys,

I've been wanting to buy the new MBP 13" for a while now, the only thing that is holding me back is the graphic card. I'm not looking for anything extremely high end, but I'm a casual gamer and I'd like to run some newer games. (Low settings is fine.)

But from what I understand the Intel HD 3000 is a medium to subpar graphic card. Is there anyway to upgrade this graphic card?

I know you can't manually put in a new graphic card because the Intel HD is smoldered to the motherboard. So maybe an external graphic card? (If they are any good.)

If it helps, I'll probably get the i7 with the added RAM (total of 8 gb).

What do you guys think?

Thanks!!
QUOTE Thanks
microsnook

microsnook is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2011 13" 10.8 (latest)

I don't think you can upgrade the graphics card.

Just get the i7 with 8GB ram and an SSD and you'll be plenty fine. I can run photoshop like its nothing.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

If you're a casual gamer, don't worry about it. The Intel HD 3000 should be fine for most low to medium graphical games. It's the higher ended games which require discrete graphics to run well. Also, if you put 8 GB of system memory in the MBP 13" model that will give the HD 3000 512 MB of borrowed memory instead of the usual 384 MB.
QUOTE Thanks
Mexx

Mexx is on a distinguished road

Thanks guys! I'll probably get the MBP from my university's store and I don't think they offer the SSD, so I hope it won't affect it too much.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Delete files off macbook but i cant turn it on | Little Annoying Sound ... Is this Normal? »