Specs:
    13.3" MacBook. 2GHz Core 2 Duo. 3GB DDR2 RAM. 320GB HDD. OSX (10.6.8)
    Question Golden Tee Golf on PowerBook G4 using Virtual-PC
    I have a 15" PowerBook G4 at 1.67GHz. I have Virtual-PC on it emulating Windows XP. I already know that XP runs slow do to the software emulating everything on the computer (CPU, RAM ect.) What I wanna know is even though it runs slow, can I play Peter Jacobson's Golden Tee Golf in it? This came out in 1998 and works good on XP. Not sure how well it will run on this machine.
    Dakota Hunter "Innovation leads to innovation."

Specs:
    4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by SimplexTech2012 View Post
    I have a 15" PowerBook G4 at 1.67GHz. I have Virtual-PC on it emulating Windows XP. I already know that XP runs slow do to the software emulating everything on the computer (CPU, RAM ect.) What I wanna know is even though it runs slow, can I play Peter Jacobson's Golden Tee Golf in it? This came out in 1998 and works good on XP. Not sure how well it will run on this machine.
    It's remotely possible you might find someone on this forum who has tried that software with the setup you describe, but I think it is far more likely you are just going to have to try it and find out.
    Let us know what you find out; now that you have asked, I am curious to know the answer.

I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .

Specs:
    2011 13" MBP 2.3ghz, 8gig ram, OS 10.8.5
    Quote Originally Posted by SimplexTech2012 View Post
    I'm going to say regardless of the specifics...if you don't currently own "Peter Jacobson's Golden Tee Golf"...and if it came out in 1998...it can't cost much more than a few dollars to buy (certainly no more than $5-$10 in your local electronics "bargain bin").

If you already own this golf game...then you have absolutely nothing to lose by installing it & trying it. If it runs too slow...then uninstall it.

So just buy it, install it, and see what happens.

- Nick
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

Thread Information