New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Top Info Bar

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

microsnook

microsnook is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2011 13" 10.8 (latest)

Sometimes working in iPhoto or I guess any application really, the top bar blacks out and like "glitches" away...

Im not sure if its a memory thing or why its even doing that?

Anyone have any ideas?

It usually goes away if you click on something else or whatever.
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

What top bar? The title bar? Do you have a screenshot of this?

It sounds like it could be a graphics issue. What model of Mac do you have? What version of OS X are you using?

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
microsnook

I do not have a screen shot. How can I snap one?

That does sound like it.

I have the 13" MBP OCT 2011 release.
And I am on the latest LION.

I bought it off eBay from a trusted, reliable source and everything else seems to be functioning perfectly.
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

Command-Shift-3 will allow you to take a screenshot. You can also use Command-Shift-4 and then press spacebar when the crosshairs come up to take a picture of a specific window.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
microsnook

Thanks I Know how to do it now.

When it happens again I will snap a picture and show you all. I really don't want to go through the process of returning it and everything.
QUOTE Thanks
microsnook

Alright guys, I managed to get it to happen again and got a screenie. Tell me what the **** this is please

QUOTE Thanks
microsnook

Anyone???
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Recalibrating more than one battery | Need Help with HDMI cord!! »