MacBook Charging issue, help please!
    Hi. I have a mac osx 10.6.8 I purchased in December 2009, it's a white macbook.

Just recently, I have been having problems with the charger connecting with the laptop. Should I clean the receiving/charger end, if so how? Am I in deep doodoo and need some expensive part? Does anyone have any home remedies so I don't have to go to a mac repair shop?

Thank you,

Nichole

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    What kind of problem are you having connecting? The MagSafe charging unit and adapter is magnetic and should "lock" on to the receptacle of your MacBook. Make sure both the connector and receptacle are free from debris especially things like small pieces of metal.

Hi Chscag. The magnet is still locking and there is no debris, maybe the tiniest bit of dirt I don't know how to clean. Other than that, the connection b/w the magsafe and laptop is becoming tenuous even though the magnet has the magsafe "locked" into the laptop. Last night I had to try about 20 times before the connection took and it started charging. I'm worried.

Thank you

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    If it continues to give you problems, it might mean buying a new MagSafe Charger unit for your MacBook. Other World Computing stocks them for $24.99. However, if there's a problem with the connection receptacle that means an Apple in house repair.

you can get a magsafe i/o board fairly cheap on ebay and install that if you are still having trouble with it after getting another charger.

Specs:
    Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
    If you can manage to make the end of your charger look like this, Apple will replace it for free.

Apple Replacing Faulty MagSafe Power Adapters | News | The Mac Observer

JayGray, Thank you for the info! My charger does already look like that, and I had no idea apple replaces them. About two or three weeks ago I noticed the rubber separated near the magsafe output piece, and I just put a little electric tape around it because I thought it was dangerous but didn't realize it would affect the charging. I'll try to see if apple will replace it, otherwise I'll be on the lookout for my own replacement. Thank you everyone for your help.

Have a good day.

Nichole

Thread Information