New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Macbook A1181 keyboard and trackpad error.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

SanDerS123

SanDerS123 is on a distinguished road

Hi guys.

I was hoping that you could help me with a problem I have.

I have a Macbook A1181, and the problem is that the keyboard and trackpad dosen't work.
The power bottom works fine.

I have tried to change the cable between the topcase and motherboard but that didn't help.
USB keyboard and mouse works fine.

If I lift the topcase when everything is on, unplug the topcase, wait for 5 sec and the plug it in again then I often can get it to work.
But everytime I reboot or the computer goes to sleep the error comes back.

Right now i'm using OSX v. 10.6.8

I have also tried to reinstall, flash NVRAM ect. But that didn't help.

Can anybody help?
QUOTE Thanks
SanDerS123

No help from anyone?
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Sounds like you've done a pretty good job of troubleshooting the situation.

When you said you "...tried to change the cable between the topcase and motherboard but that didn't help."...was this a:

- brand new cable?
- a 2nd used cable?
- used the same cable?

If you tried a brand new cable...and this didn't solve the problem...do you have any broken or bent pins? Or...maybe there's something wrong with the socket on the logic board where this cable plugs in.

Just "throwing" some possible ideas your way.

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
SanDerS123

Hi.

Thanks.
I used a brand new cable. Error is the same.

When I unplug the keybord for 5 sek and plug it in again it ussaly works until next reboot.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDerS123 View Post
Hi.

Thanks.
I used a brand new cable. Error is the same.

When I unplug the keybord for 5 sek and plug it in again it ussaly works until next reboot.
This may seem silly...but do you think the OS on this MacBook is "messed up"? Sometimes the cache or preference files can get "messed up" and cause lots of little "weird" errors like this.

If the keyboard works until next reboot...this is "weird"! Download & install "Onyx" a free maintenance program:

Download OnyX for Mac - Mac OS X maintenance and optimization tool. MacUpdate.com

And have it clear all your preference files & caches (only use the default settings for Onyx)...don't "check" all the boxes. Maybe this will help clear up this keyboard problem.

I had a problem with my MacBook Pro recently where I couldn't turn off my bluetooth. I used Onyx to clear my caches & preference files...and afterwards I was able to turn off the MacBook Pro's bluetooth no problem.

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
SanDerS123

Hi Nick.

Thanks for your reply. But I already tried installing different versions of OSX
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Boot Camp+Win 7 without CD? | Get 8gb Ram in your 2008 MBP, now! »