New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Screen problem with my macbook pro?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

vfxrishi

vfxrishi is on a distinguished road

Hi All,
So I got my macbook pro a few weeks ago. It's a 15" and the october 2011 model. I have recently started having problems with the screen. Whenever I open the lid, the screen turns on but immediately turns to the lowest brightness setting. I have to press the "increase brightness" button to get the screen to turn on again. This only happens sometimes. I can't figure out what's wrong. I'm planning to take it to the Apple Store in the near future. But until then, I thought I'de post something here. Thanks for your help in advance.

-vfxrishi
QUOTE Thanks
Tarek

Tarek has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5

Perhaps it is set to automatically adjust brightness?

QUOTE Thanks
vfxrishi

vfxrishi is on a distinguished road

It was set to that. I unchecked it but the problem persists. I think because I had set to "automatically check for password after sleep", the screen kept going dim after I opened the lid. I unchecked that box & the problem appeared to fix itself. But whenever I set the security to "automatically check for password after sleep", the problem arises once again.
QUOTE Thanks
Tarek

Tarek has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5

Well, I believe that at least we know it's not a hardware issue that's causing the problem. I guess you're right, you can just pay any nearby Apple Store a visit and check what's going on with your notebook.

By the way, just to make sure and be certain, if you have a Mac OS X DVD, insert it and run a hardware test. It's nothing to worry about and you don't really have to do it, but it's just to be 100% sure that everything's in check before paying the Apple Store a visit about your problem.

Here's how you do it: Intel-based Macs: Using Apple Hardware Test
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Macbook not turning on no life | Laptop running very hot while gaming »