New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Entourage Exchange at home

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

cmgreen9

cmgreen9 is on a distinguished road

I'm a teacher, and the tech people at my school set up my school e-mail through Entourage. This is awesome when I'm at school, but for some reason Entourage can only "connect to Exchange" when I'm at school, which means I have to go through the school website (and a thousand other steps) to check my e-mail at home. How can I fix this so that I can receive and send e-mail through Entourage from home?
QUOTE Thanks
IvanLasston

IvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2

TL ; DR - Best to ask your tech people. It is possible to access Exchange offsite but it has to be setup - so only your tech people would know if you could access it from offsite.

Long answer - most IT setup Exchange behind a firewall so usually you need a VPN to get a mail client to see the exchange server. Newer versions of Exchange server have web based protocols so you can get to the Exchange server without a VPN - but again the specific setup only your IT people would know - and this isn't always turned on.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« I am NEW in Macintosh world, please HELP ME | mac book pro running very very slow help »