New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Macbook Installation problem

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Alexh4556

Alexh4556 is on a distinguished road

Hey my Macbook i got from a friend he said it was broken but i was able to unjam the CD drive and now the disk that was jammed was important to the Max OSX installation i tried to force quit the installation but i could not so i need some help from anyone Any feedback or help is Needed Thank you
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

So, the installation is stalled?

If that's true, just press and hold the power button until the machine is turns off.

Turn it back on, press and hold the trackpad button until the disc pops out. Inspect the disc for damage or scratches. Clean if necessary and retry the installation. If it continues to fail, you may need to replace the SuperDrive (or buy an external, USB drive) or replace the discs.

Good luck!

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
Alexh4556

I've done all that i just want to force quit an application but I can't cause the ping noise sounds so how do i force quit it
QUOTE Thanks
Kevriano

Kevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.

Confused here. You have removed the install disc, but you can't switch the Mac off? Or you can't get the installation screen to quit?

Try my custom Mac Forums Search Engine: Mac Forums Google Search

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

QUOTE Thanks
Alexh4556

no I'm trying to tell you it is just sitting there and says insert install disk 2 to continue but i do not want to I just want to quit the installation but each time I do it beeps i have turned it on and off and tried everything and it just sits there saying insert disk 2 to continue with i don't have
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

What version of OSX is this? It sounds like Tiger that came with the Macbook. There was a 2nd CD and that needs to be inserted. I don't think there is a way around it. When you boot it will keep asking for the 2nd CD/DVD.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« hotmail account in mail 5.1 | Transfer of Adobe software »