New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Upgrading my memory and harddrive

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

greve

greve is on a distinguished road

So I have a Macbook late 07, I am very happy with this computer. However I am missing space.
So i read this thread Are these upgrades compatible with my Macbook?
And thougth I will do that to.
I bougth this
B.J.Trading EDB A/S - KVR667D2S5K2/4G - 2x2048 MB SO-DDR2 SDRAM

and this

500GB, 7200RPM HDD - 2,5" SATA » Laptops.dk - mrkevarer til lavpris! »

I can easilly intall the hardware. However when i turn on the mac afterwards nothing happens, black screen, alså when I put in the Mac OS install disc #1.

What am I missing / doing wrong ?
Best regards
Camilla
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.9, iPhone5s, iPad Air, AppleTV2

with the OSX disc in start the Mac holding C

This will boot from the DVD and let you install a fresh version of OSX onto the new disk.

Alternatively, re-install the old hard disk. Buy or borrow a a 2.5" sata USB enclosure and put the new disk in this. Use SuperDuper or Carbon Copy Cloner to clone the old disk onto the new disk then re-install the new disk into your Mac.

Now you'll have your Mac back exactly as it was but with the benefit of all the extra disk space!

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks
greve

Thanks the response, I will try
QUOTE Thanks
greve

I did not work. However I tried to remove the new memory and then installing the new harddrive and that seems to ne working ( its working on it now). Then i hope I Can replace the memory afterwards.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Auto file formatting | macbook pro 13 5.5 display issue »