New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

macbook pro battery problems

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

dannyperry571

dannyperry571 is on a distinguished road

hi i seem to have a problem with my macbook pro when i plug in my charger it says (not charging) but when i unplug the charger and the battery gets low (10%) if i plug the charger back in it still says (not charging) but the battery percentage goes back up to 60% and stays there until the charger is removed, i would be greatfull for any help
QUOTE Thanks
Postoak

Postoak is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac 21.5", SL, 3.33GHZ Intel, 8GB Ram, 1T HD, / MBP 15.4 Retina, Yos, 2.5GHZ, 16GB Ram, 256GB SSD

Sounds to me like it may need to be calibrated. Finder, help, Mac help and search calibrate battery.

rustyk123

rustyk123 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro with Retina Display: Core i7 2.3GHz, 16GB, 256GB, Mountain Lion

Check the number of cycles on the battery. I think you may have a bad battery though.

Click the apple in the top left of the screen. Click "About This Mac". Click "More Info". Then one the left side click "Power". In there you should see battery information. Just copy and past the whole thing and post it in your reply so i can get a better idea what is going on.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Can't connect to Wifi | Data Loss? »