what should an engineering student do?
    I really want to get a macbook pro. But will i be regretful later considering my conditions?
    I am thinking about getting 13" macbook pro i5 or i7 or if i really enforce my budget 15" (2.2 ghz)

I am an aeronautical engineering student. I have to deal with some programs like MATLAB, Ansys, Nastran Patran. I know I may have some problems to run these programs on Mac OS X. For those times, is it really bad idea installing Windows on the Mac?
    On the other hand, I do some works on Photoshop, Lightroom and Final cut.

So you think going with macbook pro is a risky way to get along with my study requirments? If not which mac pro will be a good choice?

thank you very much in advance.

March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
    You'll be fine with the Mac - although I still recommend the 15" to a college student - even more important if you'll be using CAD programs.

MATLAB doesn't need Windows - it will run under OS X, but you're right, you probably will need Windows eventually - fortunately - you have a lot of options in that regard. For most applications - you can use virtualizing SW like VMWare Fusion - and you won't have any issues. Windows runs very well on Macs - and runs better in my VM than it does on my brand new dedicated Win 7 laptop at work.

I would definitely get the 15" MBP - especially if you're going to be studying engineering.

Thread Information