New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

iBook G3 ram

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

lomokev

lomokev is on a distinguished road

my G4 PowerBook (G4550mhz titanium) dieded yesterday so i have borrowed my mums G3iBook. she has a crappie 128 meg or ram and was wondering if i can take the ram out of my power book and put it into her iBook (G3 600mhz Dual USB it was the last G3 before the G4 iBooks came out. the ram from the power book says PC133S 256meg is that ok for the iBook. i tried putting it but i felt need quite a bit of pressure to get it in so though i better ask be i pushed to hard!

Also ordered a new 15 power book last night but it will take 8 long days to get here!
QUOTE Thanks
brendan67

brendan67 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 2.2 4gbram iPhone5

hey

that should fit - i reckon

regards.

p.s. the max it takes is another 512 stick on top of the built in 128mb (which you can't remove )
QUOTE Thanks
lomokev

lomokev is on a distinguished road

i just had to push a little bit hard to get it in but its all working fine now thanks man
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« when was the last time the power book was updated? | 256mb built-in insufficient-not sure how to upgrade »