New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

What's wrong with my screen?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

rborge

rborge is on a distinguished road

2-3 year old 13" MBP unibody (2.26 GHz Core 2 Duo) with a screen issue. The right edge of the screen (straight line down, about 1/8th of the screen wide) gets full of static. The mouse etc cannot be seen when moved into this area. It happens more often after startup and lasts for a few min. and then the screen goes back to normal. Tapping the hinge, moving the screen doesn't help at all. Interestingly, when I take a screen snapshot, the screen image appears normal. I read about screen issues involving secure virtual RAM...turned it off without effect. I also added new (increased) RAM...no change. I assume that the fact that a screen snapshot appears normal during an episode rules out the video card or mother board...? display, ? ribbon cable. I have attached images of the screen as well as screen snapshots (while it is occurring) for review. Thoughts would be appreciated. Thx

Rick
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo.JPG (727.6 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg photo copy.JPG (686.6 KB, 14 views)
File Type: png Screen Shot 2011-10-26 at 5.25.46 PM.png (895.1 KB, 14 views)
QUOTE Thanks
rborge

rborge is on a distinguished road

Sorry for the upside down images...
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Disc error while burning pics | Next Product Cycle? »