New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

is it me or is the sound on my new PB 100% better than on my old Ibook

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

chris12345

i got my PB today and the sound that comes from the speakers is 100% better than what came out of my ibook speakers am i right or is it my ears playing tricks on me
QUOTE Thanks
MightyMac

did you get the new pb????????
QUOTE Thanks
chris12345

i dont no how would i tell if i have the new PB ??
QUOTE Thanks
MightyMac

they just came out today. you probably have the last model, like me. Hold on to that receipt...you may be able to return and get the newest model. Check out this thread:
http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/sho...345#post158345
QUOTE Thanks
chris12345

i got it thismorning my specs are 1.67ghz g4 1gb ram 17inch widescreen 120gb hard drive
QUOTE Thanks
lil

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris12345
i got it thismorning my specs are 1.67ghz g4 1gb ram 17inch widescreen 120gb hard drive
Sounds like the new one if it has a 120gb hard disk.

Check Display in Sys Prefs.

Does it read 1680x1050.

If so, you got the new one :flower:
QUOTE Thanks
MightyMac

oh okay...then I guess you may have gotten a new one. Congrats!
QUOTE Thanks
lil

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMac
oh okay...then I guess you may have gotten a new one. Congrats!

Yeah freakin' sweet getting a laptop with a 120gig hard disk and the WSXGA+ resolution. To die for on a portable!!

What a sweet machine that is!! Still love my 12inch PowerBook. Might have to get one of those new batteries. 5.5hr battery life! *BLINKS* :flower:

Vicky :flower:
QUOTE Thanks
chris12345

cool i didnt no i had the new one i got it thismorning at 10am
QUOTE Thanks
MightyMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris12345
cool i didnt no i had the new one i got it thismorning at 10am

You are a lucky dude. That's good timing.
QUOTE Thanks
chris12345

if i had known that thay where going to be upgraded i would av waited but as u said it was good timing
QUOTE Thanks
lil

That screen res really makes that PowerBook sound wonderful, **** you wouldn't even need to have the cinema display plugged into it for that kind of resolution.

That said, I am glad the 23" Cinema Display dropped in price as that's what I want for my 12" PB; though, if I had your 17" with 1680x1050 - I'd not need it!

Vicky
QUOTE Thanks
MightyMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil
Yeah freakin' sweet getting a laptop with a 120gig hard disk and the WSXGA+ resolution. To die for on a portable!!

What a sweet machine that is!! Still love my 12inch PowerBook. Might have to get one of those new batteries. 5.5hr battery life! *BLINKS* :flower:

Vicky :flower:

I love my old pb too. Although, the longer battery life on the new ones makes me want to go out and buy one right now. If it wasn't for my bank account being cashtrated, I would.

5.5 hrs on a pb. is unheard of.....someone test that spec out!! Getting fidgety...
QUOTE Thanks
lil

Not sure if it's logic board changes or higher watt-hr rated battery... I'll try and find out. If so, I'm getting one for my PB. That'd give me realistically speaking 9 1/2hrs away from AC run time. Excellent!

Vicky
QUOTE Thanks
chris12345

i will find out if the battery lasts 5.5 hours and get back to you
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Bluetooth Headset not compatible? | Illinois students begin to receive iBooks »