New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

RAM upgrade - will this work?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

j-jeff182

j-jeff182 is on a distinguished road

Hi guys,
i am about to upgrade my MB from 1gb to 2x2gb and have found what seems to be a cheaper and identical alternative to the apple recommended ram, i would very much appreciate any clues as to compatibility, as i have decided to go for the max ram available for my mid 2007 macbook...
thanks.

the module cat no. is Kvr667d2s5k2/4g

and its from: Kingston 4GB 667MHz DDR2 Non-ECC CL5 SODIMM (Kit of 2) KVR667D2S5K2/4G - We Are Electricals

cheers.
QUOTE Thanks
zacster

zacster is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Intel iMac 20" Core Duo 256mb VRam 115gb SSD 2gb Ram Finally!!!

That should work. Apple loves to tell you that you need to use their memory, but any brand will work, as long as it is the right type.
QUOTE Thanks
j-jeff182

thanks for the reply.... this is my dilemma, have few clued up appleheads who all say compatibility is key ,so am dubious about the afore mentioned ram, have already gone for crucial 2x1gb @ 22 in the hope this is enough to run logic on 10.6 smoothly... regards J.
QUOTE Thanks
j0nb0y32

j0nb0y32 is a jewel in the roughj0nb0y32 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.2 i7 + MacBook 2.2 Duo 2 (late 2007) + ATV2 + T/C-2Tb + iPhone4 + iPad2 (64gb wifi)

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-jeff182 View Post
thanks for the reply.... this is my dilemma, have few clued up appleheads who all say compatibility is key ,so am dubious about the afore mentioned ram, have already gone for crucial 2x1gb @ 22 in the hope this is enough to run logic on 10.6 smoothly... regards J.
i have just done the same thing last week from crucial 2x 2gb SDD2, makes a real difference. if you can afford it, go for the 2 x 2gb rather than 2 x 1gb. the price difference is only approx 10 GBP

J
QUOTE Thanks
j-jeff182

yes i may well do that, my mB max's out at 3gb (3.3) so will lose a gig, i have only had trouble since upgrading to 10.6, so i hope 2x1 gb will be enough....thanks for the input.
J
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« External HDD Crash | battery dies »