New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Split screen brightness

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

RCO

RCO is on a distinguished road

My MacBook Air 13" (bought in Nov 2010) screen is split in the middle with the right side of the screen brighter than the left.

Has anyone else experience this? I wonder if it is a graphics chip problem and how you were able to address this?

Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, iPhone 4, 3 iPods, OS X 10.9.2

Take it to your local Apple store and have them diagnose the problem. It may be the GPU or the LCD itself that's defective. Hopefully, your machine is still under warranty.
QUOTE Thanks
RCO

RCO is on a distinguished road

Thanks, will do that. Yes it is still under warranty.
QUOTE Thanks
mbalover

mbalover is on a distinguished road

I have this too. except I'm out of the apple one-year warranty (I'm cheap, didn't want to pay for AppleCare Protection Plan) , but luckily I'm in London so fall under the EU 2-year consumer law.

via the UK apple store warranty page it seems I have 'The burden to prove that the defect existed on delivery'. I'm pretty sure the defect has been there all along (I've just put up with it until now - I'm just sick of it) - and if it's a faulty GPU issue it's likely it's there at the start, or it's not - do you recommend I just go to my nearest London store and give it a try? (I mean it's prolly a yes, but any tips to have success?)
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Please help! My macbook wont turn on | MacBook Pro charger only works sometimes with Macbook? »