Replacement for the headphone jack on macbook
    The headphone jack on my macbook has a piece of a headphone plug stuck inside. I've tried to put a drop of superglue on the remaining piece of the headphones and put it back together, but it didn't come out.

Anyway, I was thinking, if I could find a replacement for the jack on the cheap, i'd be able to replace it myself. Problem is I'm not sure where to look for the replacement. Are those jacks standardized? Where can I order one? I've looked into finding a broken motherboard on ebay, but they seem to go for over $100.

Any help will be appreciated..

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    Try again to remove the headphone piece. There are numerous posts regarding the same problem as yours. Do a search and maybe one of the methods you find will work for you.

Replacing the jack is not an easy job and may do damage to the logic board in the process.

I've looked at a lot of posts, and all the solutions suggest to either use a paper clip with bent tip or to glue the connector back together. The paper clip idea didn't work for me, as I can barely even get it in there, much less retain the bent tip. I'm guessing it would work if only the tip of the plug was stuck, but the connector broke about half way to the tip. The glueing didn't work either. So for now I've ordered a USB audio converter. But if there are any other ideas out there, I'd be interested to learn.

Specs:
    Black MacBook 2.2GHz C2D, 4GB Ram - iMac G4 700MHz, 512MB Ram
    Really tiny tweezers? Like the surgical pointy kind, it might take some doing, but you might be able to wiggle the plug out of there.

My son had a problem with the headphone jack on his new 13" MBP and it is part of the logic board (i.e. - it required a logic board replacement which was, fortunately, covered by the warranty).

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    Unfortunately, Apple will not replace the jack alone since the components on that board are surface mounted. Their fix is to replace the entire logic board, which if you don't have Apple care can be expensive.

Specs:
    Late 2015 27" iMac, 3.3ghz, M395 gpu, 2tb Fusion, 8gb
    Try using a tiny screw and threading it into the broken piece. Or a very powerful vacuum. Another thought is to cryo the piece and maybe it'll shrink enough to fall out. All are longshots.

Quote Originally Posted by zacster View Post
    Try using a tiny screw and threading it into the broken piece. Or a very powerful vacuum. Another thought is to cryo the piece and maybe it'll shrink enough to fall out. All are longshots.
    Yeah, I've thought of using a screw remover, but really haven't seen anything tiny enough. I don't think vacuum or freezing will work at all It's held there really well. I'm sure there are specialized tools out there that can get this done, but will probably cost north of $50 (if not $100), which is simply not worth it.

Thread Information