Specs:
    Macbook, late 2009, 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    Macbook's trackpad doesn't work
    Hey guys,

since a few days, my trackpad is having some troubles handling the "physical click", that is the button click, not the tactile click. First, half the trackpad didn't work, so I had to use the left side (and I realized I was mostly using the right side when clicking). Today I noticed that the whole trackpad doesn't work... Of course, I can still use the tactile functions without any trouble, but sometimes the click is really needed... And well I'd like to fix it anyway.
    So I've been looking for a solution, but haven't found anything relevant. I tried to access the trackpad, but the battery is blocking the access, and it's written not to remove it, so

Anyway, I'm just wondering if someone ever experienced a similar issue, and if so, what should I do ?
    Besides, I'm currently abroad for several months (in Finland), there are 2 apple stores here. Do you think I can bring them my macbook ? Are they able to repair it ? Does it usually takes time ? I don't have an apple care, only an insurance from my home country, which doesn't apply here...

Thanks for your help/advices

Paradoox

Specs:
    15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
    Yep, take it in to Apple. Just had a bulged battery cause the same symptom on an older Mac here. Could be that, could be something else.
    I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
    In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.

Specs:
    Thanks. Indeed it might be the battery, I had a few issues recently (the battery was so hot, that the back of the case melted...), and the battery indicator says that I should "check the battery".

Do you think they can do something within a day or so ? I can't afford to have no computer for too long...

Specs:
    15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
    If it only needs a battery replacement, I would think (even in Finland), they may be able to do that while you wait.

Specs:
    Yeah but they will need to check the touchpad as well lol

Anyway, thanks for your help

Specs:
    To check the touchpad - if it works once the battery is pulled and doesn't work with the battery in - it's checked. There is nothing else to check if it is indeed being caused by a bulged battery.

Thread Information