Liquid Damaged MacBook Pro Working Again
    So I bought this on eBay for $560. The Macbook 5, 1 15" Pro had liquid damage and it was booting to a white screen with an apple screen, and a loading bar. Now the loading bar only went halfway and then the Mac shut down. After being unable to fix it myself, I took it in to a store that said they would fix my logic board for $280. I took it in and they said they could not fix it after about 3 or 4 days. I did not pay because they said they wouldn't charge me. I went home to see if there was at least any progress and it turns on just fine! Everything is working expect the internal microphone!!

Now my question here is, should I sell this Macbook and get another one of the same kind? Do you think it's fine, or will it mess up soon? I need to know ASAP as I do not want it to break and then I would get less money out of it. Thanks

Well by the sounds of it your a dishonest fellow.
    60% of the time it works every time.

Quote Originally Posted by RustProofCorn View Post
    Well by the sounds of it your a dishonest fellow.

Wow ok how is this being dishonest?

I'd sell it now whilst you can. It could be a matter of time before it starts showing problems again!

Specs:
    MBP, 2.40MHz, I5P, 8GBM, 500MBHD 7200
    Unless you tells the new owner the full history of the MBP. I would say sell it, but be honest with the buyer. good luck !

Specs:
    2011 13" MBP 2.3ghz, 8gig ram, OS 10.8.5
    Quote Originally Posted by Overrrdose View Post

Now my question here is, should I sell this Macbook and get another one of the same kind? Do you think it's fine, or will it mess up soon? I need to know ASAP as I do not want it to break and then I would get less money out of it. Thanks
    100% in agreement with what "makavelim3" mentioned. Sure...go ahead and sell it if that's what you would like to do. But be 100% open & honest with who you sell it to about the liquid damage, how it didn't work right for a while, and now that it's working again (but who knows for how long).

Of course...don't expect to get full used value for it...since whomever buys it will be taking a risk...and would expect a discount for taking that risk.

Good luck,

- Nick
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

I was planning on selling it to one of those people who can "fix" them for fun or whatever. I already have some people who offered $900 for it, he opened it up and everything at a store and said everything looked good. I don't know though

Specs:
    2011 13" MBP 2.3ghz, 8gig ram, OS 10.8.5
    Quote Originally Posted by Overrrdose View Post
    I was planning on selling it to one of those people who can "fix" them for fun or whatever. I already have some people who offered $900 for it, he opened it up and everything at a store and said everything looked good. I don't know though
    What the heck don't you know??? You paid $560 for it...and you say you have "some people" offering $900 for it (I assume you communicated this computers history).

So what's the issue? You make $340 dollars profit towards another computer ($900 total)...and hopefully you've done the right thing by making potential buyers aware of the computers history.

- Nick
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

Specs:
    -->
    Nobody in their right mind would pay $900 for a water damaged computer.
    13" rMBP 256gb | Mac Mini | 24" ACD | 64GB Verizon iPhone 6s Plus | 128GB iPad Pro LTE | 16GB iPad mini 2 | Gen 7 Nano | Gen 4 iPod Touch | TV1 | TV3 | TV4 | Watch Sport 42mm Space Gray

Thread Information