New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Does removing base on macbook void warranty?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

bmac89

bmac89 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 20" Imac 9,1 Core 2 Duo 2.6ghz, 2gb RAM, Snow Leopard, Macbook 7,1 Core 2 Duo 2.4ghz, 2gb RAM, SL

Hello,

I know there are other topics regarding this but I wanted to make confirm whether removing the base on macbook purchased in 2010 will void warranty?

I will not be touching or removing any compartment, simply removing the screws and back and having a peek inside.

If there is any doubt I wont touch the screws.

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

No you won't void the warranty. People remove the back plate all the time to upgrade there RAM, check there battery and to give it a clean.
You will be fine.
If you are not sure still and you want to see inside the back have a look at iFixIt's Macbook teardown with picture

MacBook Unibody Model A1278 Teardown - iFixit

Cheers

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
dmccloud

dmccloud has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro (Late-2011), 2.4 GHz Core i7, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD

Since both the HDD and RAM are considered user-replaceable parts, removing the bottom cover in order to swap those components will not affect your warranty.

-------------------------------------------------
15" Retina MacBook Pro (Late 2013)
2.6 GHz Core i7 | 16GB | 1TB SSD | OS X Mavericks 10.9.3
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Screen cleaner | AHT and Lion »