New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

New ibook scratches on LCD from keyboard!!! defect?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

htyped

Anyone having this problem with their lcd screen? I see 4 vertical scratches which match up to where the keyboard keys are at once the screen is shut.

The ibook is only a few days old and these scratches are really buggin me. Does anyone know if Apple has addressed this yet since it's so new?
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

that happens if you push down a bit on the screens with all the apple laptops. i just went out and bought a neoprene keyboard cover that fits on the keyboard for when i close it
QUOTE Thanks
htyped

That sucks!!! I wish I had known that so I could have looked out for it before getting the scratches.

Anyone know if the iskin products work well for protecting the screen and keyboard?

New Switcher which is why I don't know any of this stuff. Grew up using Dos and Windows, first Apple.
QUOTE Thanks
Bluecrabby

My 12" iBook has the same problem, but they're not actually scratches, but rather marks made by the oils on your skin, a good rubbing with eyeglass cleaner will take them right off.
QUOTE Thanks
htyped

Actually . . . mine was a deep scratch that couldn't be taken off. The ibook was less than 4 days old when I noticed it so I took it to an Apple store and they replaced it. I'm going to just have to watch out for it now.
QUOTE Thanks
drika

I bought the screen protectors from Macally for my 14' ibook and they work great.
http://www.macally.com/spec/speciali...protector.html
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

I am cheap, I use a small piece of silk cloth and my wife uses the little insert that came with her iBook.
QUOTE Thanks
Hooligan

Hi, I'm new to this forum and new to Macs. I bought an iBook G4 12.1 a few days ago and I've noticed the same thing. I'm a student and I carry my Mac everywhere I go. Do they all do this? I thought maybe it was because I installed the Airport card and I put something in wrong.

I'm definitely interested in the screen protector.

andrew
QUOTE Thanks
lmann

When I saw that for the first time i couldn't imagine that Apple could be the producer of such a product, and to my enlightenment i found out that they are not schratches, try wiping your display clean with a moist cloth and dry it of. Don't be affraid to push too hard, however don't force it. Maybe it won't help and they actually are scratches - but try it.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« PB Latch | Apple Financing, or Lease? »