MacBook Pro 13inch Battery Disposal
    Hey guys, my MBP is now about 3 years old and I only get an average of 1 hour battery life out of it now. Buying a new one, but rather then just bin the old one [Trash for North Americans], what's the best way to dispose of it in a green way?

Thanks
    27' iMac i5 2.7 10.7.1  1TB HD  16GB DDR3 - AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB - Magic Trackpad * White iPhone 4s 16GB  iPad 2 64GB  iPod Nano 1st Generation  iPod Nano 6th Generation  iPod Touch 1st Generation  MacBook Unibody 1st Generation 

Specs:
    Way... way too many specs to list.
    I dropped one off at the apple store for recycling. Not sure if they do that outside the NA geo.
    mike
    This machine kills fascists
    Got # ? phear the command line!

Good idea... Only problem is Apple don't have a store in Ireland, just Apple Resellers. Surprised at that as there are so many resellers in Dublin, that Apple haven't opened one yet!
    27' iMac i5 2.7 10.7.1  1TB HD  16GB DDR3 - AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB - Magic Trackpad * White iPhone 4s 16GB  iPad 2 64GB  iPod Nano 1st Generation  iPod Nano 6th Generation  iPod Touch 1st Generation  MacBook Unibody 1st Generation 

Specs:
    MBP, MacMini, iPhone 4, iPod Touch, iPad 2, AppleTV Original and a beloved Apple //e
    We have a recycling center near us that accepts used electronic devices, appliances, batteries, motor oil, CFL light bulbs, etc. Do you have any place like that near you?

Specs:
    MacBookAir5,2:10.9.5-MacMini3,1:10.9.5-iPhone6,1:8.4.1
    Laptop battery + steel wool = excellent rechargeable, reusable, waterproof campfire starter in a pinch. I'd charge it up and toss it in the back of your Jeep.
    Never judge a man, untill you have walked a mile in his shoes...
    That way you'll be a mile away from him, and you'll have his shoes.

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    Note: I moved this thread from our 'off topic' forum, since we do actually have a forum specific to discussion about Apple notebooks (and their associated parts, including batteries ).
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikonshooter View Post
    Good idea... Only problem is Apple don't have a store in Ireland, just Apple Resellers. Surprised at that as there are so many resellers in Dublin, that Apple haven't opened one yet!
    Not sure about Ireland, but many electronics retailers here in the US offer free battery recycling. If you have any major electronics stores around, I would give them a ring and ask about it.

In many cases, the cells themselves are disposed of, but the casing is kept and upgraded with new cells, then sold as a "refurbished" battery. Anything is better than having them go into a landfill. Batteries have some really toxic substances in them.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Thread Information