Suddenly mono sound from internal speaker
    Hello guys.

Yesterday i was playing some music on my macbook Pro. When all of a sudden i hear somekind of crunchy static noise comming from my internal speakers. And then all of a sudden the music sounds like being played from a mobile phone. Normally the sound is very good on my macbook pro, but now it just sounds like its playing from a cellphone. It almost sounds like its all Mono.

When i connect Headphones the sound is great and normal again. I tried reinstalling OS X Lion, but the problem is still there.

What to do?

Quote Originally Posted by xcifer View Post
    Yesterday i was playing some music on my macbook Pro. When all of a sudden i hear somekind of crunchy static noise comming from my internal speakers. And then all of a sudden the music sounds like being played from a mobile phone. Normally the sound is very good on my macbook pro, but now it just sounds like its playing from a cellphone. It almost sounds like its all Mono.

When i connect Headphones the sound is great and normal again. I tried reinstalling OS X Lion, but the problem is still there.

What to do?
    It sounds like one of the speakers is blown (do you hear sound out of each, or just one of them?). You "probably" need a new speaker, though sitting here in the comfort of our homes, we cannot completely exclude the possibility of a cable fault or problem with the sound card.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
    ------
    Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
    ------
    Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.

Thread Information