Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 46 to 49 of 49
  1. #46


    Member Since
    Jul 06, 2012
    Posts
    3
    Smile IOFirewire
    Quote Originally Posted by biggstmack View Post
    I was having the same problem for 6 weeks with my macbook no fix, and i finally found this and it fixed the problem. I was about to go by a logicboard or a new computer.

    Try it, can't hurt anything..

    On your hard drive, go to Systems/Library/Extensions folder
    Look for any kext file that starts with IOFirewire, copy them to a new folder on your desktop
    Delete the files from your extensions folder.
    Reboot.
    See if it fixes the problem, if so (or not) copy the files back to the Systems/Library/Extensions folder
    Go to Disk Utility and Repair Permissions.
    Reboot.
    Done.
    I am very technologically challenged!
    Have been experiencing the exact same problem for about 4 weeks now (between 9 and 10 minutes to become operational from powering up)
    Spent a fair amount of time without my iMac as I was advised to send it to our local Apple agent for diagnostics and repair.
    the first time it was handed back to me after 5 days , no charge, and a report that states that there was no fault found.
    Back home, the same old problem!
    Back to Apple agent, this time 3 days, a report that states that it is possible that the HD acts up when heated(?). Replaced HD with 1T Seagate Barracuda $120, Repair cost $50.
    get home and find I still have the same problem!

    Then I find this thread and more specifically this comment.
    being as technologically challenged as I am, I tried it in anyway, hoping for the best
    AND IT WORKED!!!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

  2. #47


    Member Since
    Jul 06, 2012
    Posts
    3
    IOFirewire
    Quote Originally Posted by VickyvG View Post
    I am very technologically challenged!
    Have been experiencing the exact same problem for about 4 weeks now (between 9 and 10 minutes to become operational from powering up)
    Spent a fair amount of time without my iMac as I was advised to send it to our local Apple agent for diagnostics and repair.
    the first time it was handed back to me after 5 days , no charge, and a report that states that there was no fault found.
    Back home, the same old problem!
    Back to Apple agent, this time 3 days, a report that states that it is possible that the HD acts up when heated(?). Replaced HD with 1T Seagate Barracuda $120, Repair cost $50.
    get home and find I still have the same problem!

    Then I find this thread and more specifically this comment.
    being as technologically challenged as I am, I tried it in anyway, hoping for the best
    AND IT WORKED!!!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU
    Sadly it only worked once!
    The 2nd time rebooting, same old ,same old…

    Will keep reading and experimenting

  3. #48


    Member Since
    Sep 28, 2011
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by VickyvG View Post
    Sadly it only worked once!
    The 2nd time rebooting, same old ,same old…

    Will keep reading and experimenting
    Boot up in verbose mode by holding down the Cmd-V keys. You'll then see each command displayed on the screen as the bootup proceeds and may be able to tell where stalls happen.

  4. #49


    Member Since
    Jul 06, 2012
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by apta View Post
    Boot up in verbose mode by holding down the Cmd-V keys. You'll then see each command displayed on the screen as the bootup proceeds and may be able to tell where stalls happen.
    Thank you, I will keep this advice in mind. In the meantime I have replaced the HD with a 2Tb drive and at the same time updated the OS to the latest version. The problem seems to have gone away for now! (Although diagnostics on the old HD did not show up any problems)
    Who knows???

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. MacBook Pro won't boot past blue screen
    By honeydoll in forum Apple Notebooks
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-12-2013, 11:59 PM
  2. Mac OSX 10.4 Blue Screen
    By lisamb27 in forum Apple Desktops
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-09-2013, 08:44 AM
  3. Macbook wont boot stuck on blue screen
    By ashely11 in forum Apple Notebooks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-25-2010, 05:29 PM
  4. Blue screen between boot & login screen
    By adimrin in forum OS X - Operating System
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-11-2009, 01:58 PM
  5. Mac osx blue-screen
    By Charloux in forum OS X - Operating System
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-28-2008, 07:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •