Refirb 2011 MBP 15 i7
    Specs:
    2011 Macbook Pro 17 inch 16gigs RAM i7 - iPhone 6 Plus - 27 inch Thunderbolt Display - iPad Air 2
    Refirb 2011 MBP 15 i7
    Does anyone have any experience with refirbished MacBook Pros? Just wanted a first hand account of someone that has owned one past a few years.

I was working for someone doing video editing and I was working on a 2008 white MacBook but it wasn't really condusive to a fast paced editing environment. So they bought me a 2011 MBP 13 i5 and it was awesome. Everything was super fast, best computer I've ever used ect ect ect.

But they fired my ***, so I have to give the computer back.

So instead of spending all the $ and getting the same computer I went refirb and bumped up to the 15 inch with the i7 for a few hundred more instead of like almost $1000 more. Which at first glance appears to be the right deal.

So has anyone purchased a 2011 refirb? or any refirb at all? Anyone own a 15 inch i7 and have problems where they've had to make an exchange? Just want to be proactive in case anything peculiar pops up.

Edit: Oh yeah and the description only said "quad core i7" not "quad core Intel i7" does that mean it's not Intel or it was just a mistake on Apple's part bc the same one says Intel now. Stupid question I know but just thought I'd ask.

Refirb 2011 MBP 15 i7
    Specs:
    15" 2.4ghz i5 Macbook Pro
    it will be intel.

I personally don't own one, but a co-worker bought a 15" 2010 macbook pro refurb and is super happy with it. I'm going to do that for my next purchase.

Refirb 2011 MBP 15 i7
    Specs:
    macbook pro 2011 17 sandybridge
    refurb products from the apple store have a full warranty, and you very rarely here of people having issues. you will be fine, enjoy your new machine!
    int main () { cout << "Hello World!"; return 0; }

Refirb 2011 MBP 15 i7
    Specs:
    2011 Macbook Pro 17 inch 16gigs RAM i7 - iPhone 6 Plus - 27 inch Thunderbolt Display - iPad Air 2
    Thanks you thank you, puts my mind at ease a bit. Definitely seems smart to at least do a compare and contrast between new and refurb but you don't get any other deals when you get a refurb product, such as $100 app cards, educational ect. which is fine bc it's a big enough price reduction already.

2 replies with 84 in the user name in a row, should I deduce both of yous were born in 84? I am too. Thanks again.

Refirb 2011 MBP 15 i7
    Specs:
    Wanted to give a update to this thread. The 15 inch got here super fast. Ordered on a Wednesday and it got here on Friday. Amazing.

The computer came in a non official apple box, just a white box. Inside was a slide out rectangle box with all the charger and stuff.

The computer itself looks flawless, was flawless upon starting up also. The charger is great, it's brand new I think.

I haven't noticed a huge difference or much difference at all between my 2011 13 inch i5 and this 2011 15 inch i7. The machine seemed equally as fast to me so far, I did get bogged down a little bit running migrant assistant, photoshop, and safari but I guess that could be expected. The only pain is that I used Migrant Assistant to move over a backup off my external from my other computer and it locked a bunch of files so now when I bring them over after they were transfered I have to unlock like 200 fonts ect.

Anyone have a better method that will just make the back up I did for the new computer take over as the current user?

Other than those minor things, so far I would highly recommend checking out the refurb section of apple.com before you buy a new Mac. The prices won't be as good as used elsewhere but buying Apple official refurb your getting a year warranty and the opportunity to buy 3 more years of Apple Care. The machine I received has been great, the 15 inch dwarfs my old 13 inch more than i thought, i can only imagine what the 2011 17 inch feels like.

Thread Information