New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Macbook with extreme temps

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Disorderly

Disorderly is on a distinguished road

Hey I recently just joined the site to see if i can get some help. I have a black 13 macbook that I have had since spring 2008 and use it daily. I have the iStat pro widget and its saying that my cpu temp is currently at 97 celcius and my airport card is at 55. The fans seem to be on the max all the time and it is running very slow on youtube videos for example. Even though i have highspeed internet.
and im running it to a tv with a dvi to hdmi adapter (the screen is very broken)

any assistance or input on this issue would be helpful.
Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
djweissman

djweissman is on a distinguished road

Get a condensed air can and blow that thing out ASAP!
QUOTE Thanks
Yorptunes

Yorptunes is on a distinguished road

Try clearing the dirt out with compressed air, check your air flow ports for further blockage. If it continues to heat I would have it looked at. Possible fan not working or working at reduced speed. I am assuming this is a recent heating issue.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« HELP - Macbook Price | Ordering Monday: Need some advice, MBP v rMPB »