Lion 13 macbook pro 2011
    Hi, i have a few questions about lion on the 2011 macbook pro 13 inch.

i upgraded to lion and here are issues that i am having!

in some of my full screen apps and games my colors will be off or glitchy i may even not have a mouse pointer. (all are intel based programs)

when i click a link in safari it takes a good 5 seconds before it shows me that it has the response i also cant scroll a webpage while im waiting for that link to load.

computer seems unresponsive at times and then zooming fast after it relizes i told it to do something.

lion is constantly dropping my wireless network.

my computer is running 15 degrees hotter then with SL. (Spot light has completed)

i am wondering if any one has had these issues or has a fix to any of them

i am really close to just going back to SL and waiting for them to get a few updates out for lion.

and just a random question... why are they trying to turn my very expeinive laptop in to a very nasty ipad

2008 15" MBP Yosemite, 2012 21.5" iMac Yosemite
    Sometimes issue will arise when doing a major install like Lion.
    You can reset PRAM and SMC.
    You can verify/repair permissions in Disk Utility.
    You can try restarting your Mac.

Not necessarily in that order.

Also note that not all 3rd party apps and games are going to work with Lion right away.
    64GB iPhone 6, 64GB iPad Air 2.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.

i will try to restart PRAM and SMC and repair my ****
    i have tried re starting a few times

they wont work even if they do say that the application was made for Intel? im not having an issue with things not opening just running poorly comparbly speaking towards lion

So. this what i ended up doing.

i added a 3rd partion to my hdd shrunk down lion to as small as possible and im going to install snow leopard back on to the drive and boot from that tell i start seeing some updates for lion fixing these issues. or intel i fill up my new SL partition wich could be a while. and then i will upgrade the SL partion to lion and delete the old partion.

i will let any one know if this helps with any of the problems.

does any one know if i do eventully delete the SL partition will i be able to gain that space back in lion?

I also have a 13 inch 2011 model but the only issues I'm having is loss of speed the computer just seems slower now h and its also running about 13 degrees hotter.

i went back to SL every thing works great again takes a little bit to start up because MBR isnt on first sector of HDD but not a real big problem

Thread Information