New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

HDMI for a Mac Book Pro

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mioken24

mioken24 is on a distinguished road

Hey guys i bought a new macbook pro, and i wanna plug it into a hdmi,but i bought a Atlona Mini-DVI male to HDMI Female Adapter, and don't work, the new macbook pro has Firewire and thunderbolt if i am not mistaken,how do i plug my macbook pro since it has not MINI-DVI, any help would be welcome thanks
QUOTE Thanks
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mioken24 View Post
Hey guys i bought a new macbook pro, and i wanna plug it into a hdmi,but i bought a Atlona Mini-DVI male to HDMI Female Adapter, and don't work, the new macbook pro has Firewire and thunderbolt if i am not mistaken,how do i plug my macbook pro since it has not MINI-DVI, any help would be welcome thanks
You need a mini-DisplayPort to HDMI adapter. Be absolutely certain that the cable supports audio if you need audio (not all of them do). This one, for example, will do:
For only $5.32 each when QTY 50+ purchased - Mini DisplayPort | Thunderbolt to HDMI Adapter w/ Audio Support | Mini DisplayPort to HDMI / DVI / VGA Adapters

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
------
Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
------
Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.
QUOTE Thanks
mioken24

mioken24 is on a distinguished road

I don't have mini display port, only thing i have is thunderbolt and firewire
QUOTE Thanks
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mioken24 View Post
I don't have mini display port, only thing i have is thunderbolt and firewire
Mini-Display Port is the same connector as Thunderbolt, and is otherwise compatible for your specific need. Please refer to the link I provided, which specifically states "Thunderbolt compatible".

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
------
Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
------
Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Charging Problems | Upgrading RAM for Macbook Pro »