When to buy my new Macbook Pro
    I'm heading back to school and I'd really like to have the 2.2 GHz core i7 15" pro. But with the recent release of Lion and the new iMac, Air, and mini I'm wondering if I should find a way to wait for a few months for a refresh. I'm currently without any laptop and I've got about $3000 to spend so I can get the SSD configuration along with the Hi-Res antiglare but if the new models come out right after I get it I will be furious. Any thoughts or advice or anyone familiar with any credible rumors that might give a clue as to whether or not another refresh is coming this year?

Lake Mary, Florida
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    I moved your thread over to Apple Notebooks, since the Rumors and Reports forum has specific submission guidelines that this post doesn't meet.

With that said, you're probably not going to see a refresh to the MacBook Pro line anytime soon. The line was just updated in February and is still using absolutely state-of-the-art components. I wouldn't expect any changes (short of minor frequency bumps) until the next generation Intel chipset comes out (Ivy Bridge).

Apple is super-secretive about new product releases, so anything you read here or elsewhere is mere speculation.

My advice is (as always), buy the machine you need when you need it. It will continue to serve those needs long after an updated model is released.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

Fort Worth, Texas
    27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    Know when to buy your Mac Compliments of the Mac Rumors web site.

thank you so much for the help. I think Mr. Jobs will be getting my cash quite soon. would love to have the ivy bridge processors but the second generation will do fine I think.

Thread Information