New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

2007 Macbook OS issues

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

BrokenTronics

BrokenTronics is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.0 GHZ 160gb HD 1gb RAM (yeah pathetic)

So we bought a Macbook from a customer that was just booting to the Apple logo. I started to reinstall the OS (10.5) and left it running. Apparently it wasn't done by the time we closed, and one of my employees moved it to a back room. When I went back to check on the mac it was off, so I tried to get the reinstall process going again. Now it just sits at the white screen, then ejects the OS disc, then comes up with the folder with a ? on it. Strange that it won't read the disc now; it does sound like it is trying to though. It was very hot in the room so I am hoping the OD didn't fry. Anyone have a clue what could be wrong?

Need advice on repairs, PM me.
Want to sell me something, PM me
Want to buy something, PLEASE PM me
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Boot Problem MacBook 1.1 | Upgrading 2009 macbook to 750GB »