New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

New MacBook coming soon?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mrboombastico

mrboombastico is on a distinguished road

Any1 notice the MacBook not being on the apple website? I recently heard rumors that apple is upgrading their MacBook's and we might once again see a black version of the MacBook (So we might have a choice to buy either a black or a white 1).

Here is how the 2006 MacBook looked like:

I think that for that the design of the next generation MacBook will remain the same, the only changes that should be expected r hardware improvements and having the black version of the MacBook.

The black version of the MacBook will look the same by the design as the white 1, but I also heard that they are planning to use a different type of material for the black MacBook.
QUOTE Thanks
BrianLachoreVPI

BrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD

The most prevalent rumor is that this line is being discontinued. Apple drops white MacBook
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

The MacBook has been discontinued:

Apple quietly discontinues white MacBook | The Digital Home - CNET News

Also... I moved your thread to the Apple Notebooks forum because it's not a news or rumor submission. Please be sure to read the forum stickies before posting. Thanks.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
Young Spade

Young Spade is on a distinguished road

Yea it isn't here anymore. I actually have a black one like that for sale
But anyway, it's a great machine.... I doubt they'd have any more of them though. It's gone forever.
QUOTE Thanks
Doug b

Doug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5

I saw this coming a long time ago. The MacBook is totally redundant considering how powerful and portable the MacBook Airs are. As a matter of fact, you can put the MBA's up there with the MacBook Pro's in terms of power. Not all of them, but if you bother to look at some of the new specs, they put some of the MBP's in their place, so to speak.

They're also getting away from SuperDrives and this is their way of doing it. You can always purchase an external drive if you really need one of course. I'd put one of those MBA's up against my 09' MBP and bet it would crush it easily. I'd also gladly trade my MBP for one.

Doug
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« MBP 13 i5, 13 i7, or 15 i7? | 15" MBP with monitor or iMac 27" »