Specs:
    13in rMBP 2014 Yosemite
    macbook, yeah JUST a macbook.
    are they not being produced anymore? my sister would have benefitted for her remaining years of college and after.

WAY too much gusto/$$ with a MBPro.

Not enough memory on the SSD (64GB?) from an Air, she would be semi-able to use a external. This would be the go to now since that aspect is expandable.

Just asking though.
    It seems like the 'Macbook's' dumping got lost in the mix with all the releasing of late.

Specs:
    iMac 2010 27" QuadI7 OSX10.11, iMac 2008 OSX10.11, MBP Late2011OSX10.11 , iPad Air, iPhone 3GS
    The 13" MBP is only $100 more than the Macbook was and a better machine to boot. I would just pay the $100 and get that if the Airs smallish SSD bugged me.

I wonder if there will be an after market upgrade for the Air's SSD?

Specs:
    4.1 Mac Pro. 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. PM G5. iPhone 6S+ 64gb Gold. Apple Watch 42mm.
    Quote Originally Posted by dtravis7 View Post
    I wonder if there will be an after market upgrade for the Air's SSD?
    I know there are some "ram" platter ssd's out now, but you wouldn't be benefiting at all from this upgrade. The price difference is vastly more than the $100 difference of the Macbook to the Macbook Pro. OWC is the best source as of now: SSD for MacBook Air 2010 - OWC Mercury Pro Aura Express Sandforce Driven
    “If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself but to your own estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.” Marcus Aurelius

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    Note: Moved this thread from the "Off-topic" forum, since we do actually have a forum focused on Apple Notebooks discussion.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Quote Originally Posted by Ttaylor394 View Post
    are they not being produced anymore? my sister would have benefitted for her remaining years of college and after.
    I could be wrong, but I think that the remaining stock has been called-back & is now reserved for education purchases only. Therefore, if she looks on the Apple site via her college's network & goes to the education store they should still be on there; but not for long, as they're no-longer being made, so she'd best hurry...

Thread Information