New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Possibly redundant - keys ghost typing - HELP

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Laddergoat

Laddergoat is on a distinguished road

I will keep this short, because I am sure it's one of the least favorite thread topics.

Decided to carelessly use a clorox wipe on keyboard. Pretty firmly wiped things down. Wipe was moist, but not enough to drip.

Keyboard is now ghost typing.. Specifically the letter j
- jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj , unless I press it firmly to stop.

RIGHT SIDE:
enter/return key will not work
shift
power key is spamming as soon as pressed, never ending horrible sound unless clicked out of or obviously muted.

Otherwise everything is working fine. Lack of enter key is driving me insane, as is the sudden letter j attacks. Literally while typing just now, that j is no longer working, so using the onboard keyboard. That's 4 faulty keys.

QUERIES:
Definite water damage?
Man handled - Shouldn't have been swiping all the buttons at once?

How screwed am I, because water damage is the universal - you're f'd.
Seems relatively isolated, and there's no possible way liquid is swimming beneath board to further damage it. DID I DO SOMETHING WORSE!?
Am I looking at replacing a few keys/receptors? Stop being a baby and take it to a technician/cough up the couple hundred dollars? Which as a college student/waitress isn't even going to be an option.

Any insight would be amazing, thank you in advance.

Air 1.86
Model A1369
QUOTE Thanks
Laddergoat

Laddergoat is on a distinguished road

Is it possible to assign the enter/return keys function to |\ right above it?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Differences between October 2010 MBA and July 2011 MBA | MBP won't recognize internal HDD... help? »