White macbook discontinued?

Specs:
    2010 13" macbook, 4th gen ipod touch
    After i finished upgrading to lion, i went to apples website, to look at the refreshes on the mac mini, and macbook air. I can not find the base white macbook anywhere on there now. Did they discontinue it?

Specs:
    MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM
    yes. with the MBA being the same price with virtually the same (better in some) specs, there was no point.
    MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6750M 1GB RAM
    MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6630M 256MB RAM
    iPhone 5S 64GB, iPad Air 2 128 GB LTE, iPod Nano Gen6 8GB, Apple TV 3 & 2

Specs:
    2011 MacBook Air, i5 27" IMac, 2010 21.5" IMac, 2010 Mini, 2011 13" MBP, IPhone 4, Airport Extreme
    Yup, it's history

Specs:
    27" iMac, 3.4Ghz Core i7, 256GB ssd + 1TB hdd, 16GB memory, Radeon 6970m w/2GB
    I still miss the black macbook. I check eBay from time to time.

Specs:
    MacBook Air '11
    Cool No more white macbook
    Yea, I actually liked the white one best of all. It was the only computer that looked like the old school macs.
    The plastic was so durable and everything. The macbook air is really nice though. Im really excited about the whole Apple Cloud initiative, they said when it comes out there wouldn't really be a reason to have so much hard drive on apple computers. I guess from the supply side they saved so much more money by dropping the plastic computers. Now everything in the apple store looks elite without the white mac hanging around.

Specs:
    2007 Macbook Pro 3,1
    Yeah the air is the same price as the macbook was, but thats for an 11" screen... Not really a replacement for the 13" white macbooks.

Specs:
    MacBook Air '11
    Unhappy Changing times
    I can definitely agree with you in initially thinking that a full force laptop on the same level as the macbook pro (as the macbook air was just a niche product back then, often referred to as the netbook of apple) could be discontinued.
    However, on the other hand you have the coming Apple Cloud Product- as the whole mobile technology movement moves away from having everything on one device to easily having it stored in a secure cloud. The new MacBook Air boasts so much speed with all the micro-chips and no moving parts whatsoever. It takes 12 seconds from start-up, with only 7 seconds on the shut-down.
    Keeping this in mind you can easily see why they would stop the cheaper version of a more full-force laptop and direct those energies towards mobility. This thing (MacBook Air) is so light that you can easily do anything while not losing the sentiment of a Mac that is known to get everything done with no "mess" involved.

I really miss the white macbook, she's just a casualty of technology and global economics.

Thread Information