New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

My search for a monitor for my MacBook Air

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

serverpimp

serverpimp is on a distinguished road

Of course the $999 Apple monitor looks great but I couldn't bring myself to spending that kind of money to have a monitor for my MacBook Air. After some researching I purchased a Samsung FX2490 from Amazon. The image looked like crap from the Air. After 2 hours of Samsung support on the phone (and many Windows commands that of course didn't work) they told me I needed to upgrade my hardware. Go figure. Can you spell RMA.....

I decided to go to the local Fry's Electronics with my Air and see if they would let me connect into monitors in the store. I nice sales rep said sure so I went back to the car to get my Air and HDMI adapter. I connected into the Benq E2420 and we went through some settings. I am very happy with the clarity and picture quality. I would suggest this monitor for anyone with a MacBook that is looking for a great picture. By the way I'm running at 1080p.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Looking for a MPB 13" Messenger Bag - Vertical, Slim, & Minimalist | Macbook HDD swapping and backing up »