New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook Value

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

liam8910

liam8910 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Classic II, Powerbook Duo 280c, Early 2009 MacBook

Hi,

I have an early-2009 MacBook (MB881*/A) I am thinking about selling. Spec is - 2GHz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HD. It has OS 10.5.8, iLife 09 and Microsoft Office 2008. Also, it had the entire top case, bottom case and LCD replaced (this week) by Apple for 327.60, (don't worry, insurance paid this!) so apart from the outside of the lid and the battery pack (which are fine anyway) it's cosmetically new!

How much do you reckon it's worth? I've been looking on eBay, seems to be around 350 - 450?

Many thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
xxmacbethxx

xxmacbethxx is on a distinguished road

i cant say but if it still runs great i know the logic boreds alone are still going for 500+ USD but i thought you might like know that
QUOTE Thanks
liam8910

It runs as new, no problems. It includes all the original packaging, paperwork, accessories and discs for iLife and OS X. I won't include the Microsoft Office discs, but I will load it onto the Mac and include the license, as I have 2 licenses left. I have not put the Office discs into it once since I originally loaded it 2 years ago.
QUOTE Thanks
Chris_B

Chris_B is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 13"

When selling, I think it's always a good idea to format the HD and do a clean install.

I'd say it's worth about 475 - 500. My similar aged MBP is probably worth about 500.

2013 MacBook Air 13" / 1.3 GHz Intel Core i5 / 4GB DDR3 RAM / 128 GB SSD / OSX Mavericks 10.9
QUOTE Thanks
liam8910

Thanks, yeah I would definitely format the hard drive, then just install Office. If I got that kinda money for it, I'd be very pleased! Especially as Currys are doing refurbishes MacBook Pros for only 750!
QUOTE Thanks
Rambaud

Rambaud is on a distinguished road

I think you are in the right ball-park at 350 -450 - probably nearer the bottom figure. Is there any remaining Applecare warranty left?

My macbook is older, but 4Gb RAM and 500Gb hard drive (new), plus a brand new superdrive and battery from Apple. Mine should be going on Ebay shortly - I am hoping for ~ 375 for it.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Temporally moving data | Copying data from HDD »