New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook Pro keyboard light delay to turn on

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Raizen.Z09

Raizen.Z09 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 13" 2.66Ghz mid '10 with Mac OS Leopard

Hi,

My MBP used to turn the backlit keyboard light on suddenly when I touch the trackpad or hit any key on the keyboard (if the light is off). But now, seem like it's getting lazy—when I touch the trackpad or any key, it turns the light on after 1-2 seconds, I mean, delay to light up…… what happen???
QUOTE Thanks
Young Spade

Young Spade is on a distinguished road

Not sure.... try to find a setting and see if you changed it to slow the turning of the light. If not then I wouldn't worry about it.

Does it change instantly and turn off instantly? or is there a delay there as well?
QUOTE Thanks
dantelectro

dantelectro is on a distinguished road

My MBP also does this. As far as i know 10.6.8 was released on June 23rd, and i don't remember seeing this lag earlier.
It's kind of annoying in the dark.

If you believe apple really reads feedback, make sure you leave one at Apple - Feedback
QUOTE Thanks
Raizen.Z09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Spade View Post
Not sure.... try to find a setting and see if you changed it to slow the turning of the light. If not then I wouldn't worry about it.

Does it change instantly and turn off instantly? or is there a delay there as well?
I tried all settings and even went through a PRAM resetting. However, the problem still exist.

if I changed it manually using F5 or F6, it responds (change the illumination level, turn on, and turn off) instantly.
QUOTE Thanks
Raizen.Z09

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantelectro View Post
My MBP also does this. As far as i know 10.6.8 was released on June 23rd, and i don't remember seeing this lag earlier.
It's kind of annoying in the dark.

If you believe apple really reads feedback, make sure you leave one at Apple - Feedback
So you believe it's a bug in 10.6.8? I though my MBP is the odd one, which got a hardware problem… but if there are many people have the same problem I would consider it as a software issue and send a feedback to Apple.
QUOTE Thanks
dantelectro

dantelectro is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raizen.Z09 View Post
So you believe it's a bug in 10.6.8? I though my MBP is the odd one, which got a hardware problem… but if there are many people have the same problem I would consider it as a software issue and send a feedback to Apple.
Do that. The more people tell them, the more likely they'll listen.
QUOTE Thanks
maskov1

maskov1 is on a distinguished road

Same issue here...
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Apple Store | MBP hangs on grey, DVD and CD detected, but bad I/O »