New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

My first Mac, MBP arrived today and its damaged! :(

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

trendkill333

trendkill333 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP 2011 l 2.0GHz Intel Core i7 l 4GB RAM l 500GB ATA Drive 5400rpm l 15" HR Antiglare WS Screen

hello folks, im new to the forum here just registered, im new to mac also i just switched over from a very old basic spec windows pc.
bought my first mac on the 28th of june thru the apple online store,
it arrived today (7th july)
i came home from work to open my macbook pro, been waiting all week for this moment, opened it like a giddy child all excited and switched it on.. the welcome screen pops up and straight away i notice there is something wrong, the colors are not right. the blacks arent black they are pinky red and i can see the pixels in the corners flickering, the whole screen has a red tint to it. the whites are pinkish and i can see the whole pixels lines all red. definitely something wrong/broken. i rang apple customer care and they are going to send UPS out to collect it and are ordering a new MBP build/ship a new one to me with priority shipping. at least im being sorted quite quickly. still really disappointed after waiting last 10 long days for it to arrive only to be broken. will have to wait another 10 days now. just bit annoyed that this is my first experience with apple. has anyone else had this problem or know about this screen problem. just curious.
QUOTE Thanks
MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

Man, that sucks! You wait with anticipation and then it's busted in shipping and you have to wait for a replacement. I had this happen with UPS recently but it wasn't electronics. Just something I ordered online and UPS "lost" it for a week. Then when they "found" it, it looked like it had been caught in a conveyer belt or something. I had to get a replacement cause I wasn't going to accept the beat up original.
Sorry to hear about your dilemma.

P.S. Don't look at it as your "first experience with Apple." It's not their fault it was damaged in transit. I'd blame UPS.

16GB iPhone 5, 64GB Wi-Fi only iPad 1st Gen.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

I suspect the UPS guy or someone along the line dropped the box and it damaged the LCD. Those colors and sparkling pixels usually indicate a hard knock against the LCD screen - probably damaged by the keyboard when they dropped it.

And to MYmacROX: Years ago the post office misplaced my paycheck - I was poor then - still am - of course my employer (US Govt) replaced it after much fanfare and paperwork. Six months later the original paycheck shows up in the mail just like it was never lost. Go figure!

No, I didn't keep it. It wouldn't have cashed anyway.....
QUOTE Thanks
trendkill333

trendkill333 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP 2011 l 2.0GHz Intel Core i7 l 4GB RAM l 500GB ATA Drive 5400rpm l 15" HR Antiglare WS Screen

i shouldn't blame apple, i just meant this was my first experience buying a mac unfortunately. just upset me that a courier service is so unprofessional that they'd let a package fall and end up damaged. not surprised at all really. its just annoying to wait thats all. i did mess around with the laptop a little before i boxed it back up looking at how it works/runs and the different applications etc and i absolutely LOVED it. especially love the hand gestures. everything just opens up so quick. unlike windows where you double click some program and it takes 4-10 seconds to open. really cool. love the mac from what i have seen of it.
QUOTE Thanks
dmccloud

dmccloud has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro (Late-2011), 2.4 GHz Core i7, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD

Once you get an undamaged Mac, you will really start to love it. I think I convinced my parents to give up their Windows machine for a Mac after showing them mine this afternoon.

-------------------------------------------------
15" Retina MacBook Pro (Late 2013)
2.6 GHz Core i7 | 16GB | 1TB SSD | OS X Mavericks 10.9.3
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Mac Book Advise | New logic board = faulty DVI port??? »