New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Reseting the function keys

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mrsdaiwa24

mrsdaiwa24 is on a distinguished road

Hi! I hope this is the right place to post this question.

My 10 month old daughter started playing with the keys on my MacBook and some how was able to mess up all of the function keys. How do I reset them? Currently, I can't do things like access the volume because of this.

I'd appreciate any help you can give me. Thank you!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

System Preferences > Keyboard. Under the keyboard tab, check to make sure that the "Use all F1, F2, etc. keys as standard function keys" checkbox is unchecked.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
mrsdaiwa24

mrsdaiwa24 is on a distinguished road

It worked -- thank you!!!!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« How much is the student discount in Canada for Macbooks? | Architecture Student - Buying MacBook Pro! Questions »