Buying a Macbook Pro Help
    Hi,
    I am buying a macbook pro on ebay and I am not sure if it is a good deal / if it will last because it is refurbished by a non-apple company. It is $500 would you guys buy it if I am looking for a relatively cheap and perfectly working macbook pro? Thanks
    Details:
    # APPLE MACBOOK 13.3" LAPTOP MB466LL/A
    #
    # THESE UNITS ARE USED
    # THEY HAVE BEEN CLEANED, TESTED AND ARE IN GOOD WORKING CONDITION
    #
    # APPLE MACBOOK PRO
    # MODEL: MB466LL/A - ALUMINUM UNIBODY
    # A1278
    # PROCESSOR: 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo ( 3MEG L2 CACHE )
    # SYSTEM BUS: 1066 MHZ
    # RAM SIZE: ( 2 GB, INSTALLED ) , MAX SUPPORTED 4 GB
    # HARD DRIVE: 160GB SERIAL ATA, 5400rpm ,
    # DISPLAY: 13.3-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit glossy widescreen display, 1280-by-800 resolution
    # VIDEO:Built-in iSight camera; Mini DisplayPort output port with support for DVI, VGA, and dual-link DVI (requires adapters, sold separately)
    # GRAPHICS: NVIDIA GeForce 9400M graphics processor with 256MB of DDR3 SDRAM shared with main memory2
    # WIRELESS: Built-in AirPort Extreme Wi-Fi (based on IEEE 802.11n draft specification)3 ; built-in Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR (Enhanced Data Rate) module
    # AUDIO:Built-in stereo speakers, built-in omnidirectional microphone, combined optical digital input/analog line in, combined optical digital output/analog line out
    # NETWORKING: Built-in 10/100/1000BASE-T (Gigabit) Ethernet
    # CDROM DRIVE: 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
    # MOUSE: Touchpad
    # USB: 2 - USB 2.0 ports (up to 480 Mbps)
    # HEIGHT: 0.95 inch (2.41 cm)
    # WIDTH: 12.78 inches (32.5 cm)
    # DEPTH: 8.94 inches (22.7 cm)
    # WEIGHT: 4.5 pounds (2.04 kg)44.5 pounds (2.04 kg)4
    # THESE UNITS HAVE BEEN UPDATED TO OS X 10.5.8
    #
    #
    # THESE UNITS HAVE BEEN REFURBISHED BY OUR WAREHOUSE STAFF
    # THEY ARE CLEANED, TESTED AND I GOOD WORKING ORDER
    # THERE IS MINOR SCRATCHING ON THE CASE - DO TO NORMAL WARE
    # THE SCREENS HAVE NO SCRATCHES OR DEAD PIXELS
    # THE BATTERIES ARE USED AND IN WORKING CONDITION - THEY ARE NOT WARRANTED TO MEET MANUFACTURER'S ORIGINAL SPEC'S
    # 30 DAY REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT WARRANTY

It's always a risk buying used, especially online when you can't physically see and test it yourself.

I guess it depends how much you're willing to risk $500. Where is it? Maybe the seller would be willing to take it to an apple store near him to have it checked out before you buy it. Remember that once you add the cost of the inspection at the apple store and any shipping you're going to be nearing the cost of a base Macbook(which will come with warranty and free support)

Buying a Macbook Pro Help
    Hi,
    I am buying a macbook pro on ebay and I am not sure if it is a good deal / if it will last because it is refurbished by a non-apple company. It is $500 would you guys buy it if I am looking for a relatively cheap and perfectly working macbook pro? Thanks
    Details:
    #
    # THESE UNITS ARE USED
    #
    # APPLE MACBOOK PRO
    # A1278
    # DISPLAY: 13.3-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit glossy widescreen display, 1280-by-800 resolution
    # VIDEO:Built-in iSight camera; Mini DisplayPort output port with support for DVI, VGA, and dual-link DVI (requires adapters, sold separately)
    # GRAPHICS: NVIDIA GeForce 9400M graphics processor with 256MB of DDR3 SDRAM shared with main memory2
    # WIRELESS: Built-in AirPort Extreme Wi-Fi (based on IEEE 802.11n draft specification)3 ; built-in Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR (Enhanced Data Rate) module
    # AUDIO:Built-in stereo speakers, built-in omnidirectional microphone, combined optical digital input/analog line in, combined optical digital output/analog line out
    #
    #
    # THE BATTERIES ARE USED AND IN WORKING CONDITION - THEY ARE NOT WARRANTED TO MEET MANUFACTURER'S ORIGINAL SPEC'S

It is in Minneapolis which I doubt has an apple store near it. The ebay user has a 99.4 % feedback rate and 4923 people have reviewed him he seems legit.

Specs:
    4.1 Mac Pro. 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. PM G5. iPhone 6S+ 64gb Gold. Apple Watch 42mm.
    I stray away from listings that say they are in "good working condition." There's no reason for a computer to be in excellent working condition!
    “If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself but to your own estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.” Marcus Aurelius

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    Moved. Not a subject for the "Lounge".

Also, do not cross post! You not only posted this in the wrong forum, but posted it to two different forums. Please read our forum descriptions and Sticky notices before posting. Thanks for your cooperation.

Quote Originally Posted by ianschif View Post
    Hi,
    Details:
    #
    # THESE UNITS ARE USED
    #
    # APPLE MACBOOK PRO
    # A1278
    #
    #
    cheap enough, and i have bought refurbished(not apple) from newegg with no problems at all...sort of got to read the feedback on ebay, if there are negatives, run.

i am going to buy a asus 16inch refurbished off newegg. or a new sony.....and also going to buy a used g5 powermack...i like the mac book pro,s...but i don,t think they are worth the money...they look nice, but its just sort of a bragging rights thing.....basically , a linux computer......the parts in them are like any other computer, though they have nice cases.

Specs:
    2006 Macbook Pro 15.4" glossy screen, 2.16 ghz, 640 gb, 2 gb ram
    A quick search for that model number (MB466LL/A) makes me doubt that this is a macbook pro. I think it's just a regular Macbook...not that there's anything wrong with that, but the description you provided is a little misleading if I'm right.

Otherwise, it appears to be a good computer for the price. I have a nearly 5 year old MBP that still runs like a charm (I did upgrade the RAM and HD), so I would have no reservations about buying a solid 2 year old model, which I believe this one is.

Thread Information