New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

need help on macbook.. upgrade...memory ram

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

paolihno

paolihno is on a distinguished road

im running out of memory ram.....
processor 2ghz intel core 2 duo
memory 2 gb 667 mhz ddr2 sdram

and i would like to instal 2 more gb..... and where can i buy those memory, what brand, how to instal. step by step...,thanks
QUOTE Thanks
Lbatson21

Lbatson21 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 2011 Mac mini and 2010 13" MacBook Pro, iPhone 4 and iPad

RAM Memory Upgrade: Dell, Mac, Apple, HP, Compaq. USB drives, SSD at Crucial.com is a really good website. They have a scanner that will tell you what model you have and maximum ram allowed for your Mac. If that doesn't work you can look it up there manually as well. I have purchased several types of ram from them before and all have worked perfectly (I have 8GB in my Macbook Pro now) They have great products, but are sometimes a few dollars more than the competition. Newegg or Amazon usually has the best prices though. Also you could look at Performance Upgrades; FireWire USB SATA Storage; Memory, more at OWC OWC also receives good reviews on their products, though I've never actually purchased any memory from them.
QUOTE Thanks
powerbook_guru

powerbook_guru is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2003 Powerbook G4, 768 mb's of ram 120gb hard drive, 17 inch dvd burner, or Superdrive

newegg.com. Go find some high speed 2 gig paired sticks for your rig(they do sell Apple ram there too), but all types of ram work in macs. I have non-mac ram in my mac.
QUOTE Thanks
paolihno

paolihno is on a distinguished road

i have a macbook 2ghz intel core 2 duo... 2 gb 667 mhz ddr2 sdram.... can i upgrade it to 4gb memory ram???
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

If the machine is an Intel Core 2 Duo, then yes, you can install 2 x 2 GB modules for a total of 4 GB. Make sure you buy the correct memory. Go to RAM Memory Upgrade: Dell, Mac, Apple, HP, Compaq. USB drives, SSD at Crucial.com and use their memory tool. It will tell you exactly what you need.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Macbook battery | MacBook 13" Keyboard = MacBook Pro 13" »