Adding Two Additional Monitors to Macbook
    I bought a new Macbook last year, and a client project involves having multiple screens open and visible at once. I added an additional monitor (old Samsung SyncMaster 930B I had kicking around) -- no problem.

Then I bought a 32" HDMI SAMSUNG which I understand can be connected through one of the remaining USB ports. (I actually hooked that up, and it worked, but not at the same time as my smaller external screen.)

Can I connect the two for a total of three screens that would basically act as one?

And the important question is, how can I adjust the 32" screen to maximize its real estate so that it's not just a magnification of a what a normal external screen would be but more workspace?

Thank you for anything you can share. I've gotta figure this out.

Quote Originally Posted by PRGUY222 View Post
    Then I bought a 32" HDMI SAMSUNG which I understand can be connected through one of the remaining USB ports. (I actually hooked that up, and it worked, but not at the same time as my smaller external screen.)
    How are you connecting a monitor to your USB port? Are you using a USB graphics/video card?

Quote Originally Posted by PRGUY222 View Post
    And the important question is, how can I adjust the 32" screen to maximize its real estate so that it's not just a magnification of a what a normal external screen would be but more workspace?
    This all depends on the resolution of the Samsung screen you've brought - take a look in the manual and it will tell you it's resolution. If you find you need a higher resolution than the Samsung offers then there's nothing you can do about it I'm afraid - best to check before you buy.
    My Personal WebSite: www.helpdeskrules.co.uk - Follow me on Twitter: @helpdeskrules

Thread Information