Specs:
    -->
    10.6.8 Trim support
    I just noticed that 10.6.8 activated trim support on my MBA. I have an SSD in my MBP and it is not on with that machine. I guess that it must be limited to SSD's with Apple firmware. Is anyone seeing trim support on anything other than Apple shipped SSD's?
    13" rMBP 256gb | Mac Mini | 24" ACD | 64GB Verizon iPhone 6s Plus | 64GB iPad Air 2 LTE | 16GB iPad mini 2 | Gen 7 Nano | Gen 4 iPod Touch | TV1 | TV3 | TV4 | Watch Sport 42mm Space Gray

Quote Originally Posted by JohnCL View Post
    I just noticed that 10.6.8 activated trim support on my MBA. I have an SSD in my MBP and it is not on with that machine. I guess that it must be limited to SSD's with Apple firmware. Is anyone seeing trim support on anything other than Apple shipped SSD's?
    Why not just use this?
    Download TRIM Enabler for Mac - Write faster to any SSD in Mac OS X 10.6.7. MacUpdate.com

Might want to check for 10.6.8 support before using it. EDIT: And read all the comments there.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
    ------
    Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
    ------
    Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.

Another article about that worth reading:
    How to Enable TRIM on Your Mac's Solid-State Drive

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
    ------
    Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
    ------
    Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.

Specs:
    -->
    Thanks for the links. Some of the comments note a decrease in performance. I am going to leave the MBP as is for now and run some new benchmarks on the MBA since the addition of trim.
    13" rMBP 256gb | Mac Mini | 24" ACD | 64GB Verizon iPhone 6s Plus | 64GB iPad Air 2 LTE | 16GB iPad mini 2 | Gen 7 Nano | Gen 4 iPod Touch | TV1 | TV3 | TV4 | Watch Sport 42mm Space Gray

Thread Information