New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Red lines on screen as result of spill?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

sarak

sarak is on a distinguished road

Hi there, I'm new here, hopefully I'm in the right section...
I recently had my old Macbook Air replaced with the newest version.
Since then I have been VERY careful with it, except for when I spilled an (oil) reed diffuser, which got on the outside of the laptop. I wiped it off and there didn't seem to be any damage, so I continued to use the laptop as usual. This was about a week ago.
Last night two vertical red lines appeared on the screen... is this something that typically happens from "water" damage? And if I bring it into the Apple store, will I be screwed because its already been replaced?
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

Please read the Sticky notice regarding spills at the top of this forum. Any kind of spill is dangerous - even the slightest amount can cause damage.

I'm not familiar with oil reed diffuser, but it sounds like something that could cause damage.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« laptop or desktop | "Service Battery" »