Cheap places to get a Macbook
    So here's my dilemma - I'm considering replacing my 3+ year old Macbook Pro since it's getting older. The actual operating system works perfectly fine, but from time to time a piece like the battery or logic board or monitor casing will crap out, and now that my warantee's expired I don't want to pay top dollar at the Apple Store to get the thing repaired. I figured cutting my losses and just getting a new machine will help save money in the long run.

I'm also pretty broke and need my laptop for work (I'm a self-employed freelance illustrator/graphic artist).

So one question I have is, are there any reputable places, either online or in a physical store, where one can get a Macbook for much cheaper than at the Apple Store?

OR

Is there any way Apple can do a flex payment plan? Can they do it if you have no credit/limited credit? (I'm a recent college grad and that's something I'm working on, but I don't know if it'd make that much of a difference).

Any help is appreciated!

Specs:
    Currently 13" Late 2010 MBA, 4GB/128GB; Early 2011 13" MBP, dual core i7 2.7ghz, 4gb ram, 500gb hd
    A couple of options here - Apple does have an instant credit app in the store, where if approved, you can print the approval out, take it to the register and complete your purchase. A sales associate can help guide you through that process. I believe it's either 90-days or six months same as cash. Best Buy has an online credit approval process, and they offer 18 months same as cash on purchases of $429 or more.

As far as cheaper prices on Macs, you can check refurbished units from Apple, but most folks who sell new units will be within a few dollars of Apple. That's based on sales agreements with 3rd party vendors.

chas_m
    Short answer: other than Apple's own refurb store, you're not going to find a new Mac ANYWHERE that's substantially lower than Apple's own price -- unless you count Ebay/Craigslist scammers who will just rip you off.

If you qualify, Apple does have a Government store which appears to have discounts on some of their products.

I'm a retired Army Vet and should qualify for their prices. I'm looking at a 15" Macbook Pro with 2.2MHz, HR A/G display 500GB 7200 rpm hard drive.

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 7+, Numerous iPods, High Sierra
    The government discounts are the same as those for students. Also, AAFEES stocks Mac machines at their stores or on line offering the same discount. Actually it's a better deal because there is no sales tax.

Specs:
    13 Inch Apple MacBook Pro; 2.40 GHZ, 4GB Ram, 250GB HDD
    HP Pavillion G62; 2.10 GHZ, 4GB DDR3 Ram, 320GB HDD. 32GB Apple iPod Touch (4G). LG Gossip.

Thread Information