New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

Empty ProApps Folder????

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Anno

Anno is on a distinguished road

Hi there peeps!!!
First post in forum, but have searched and can't find similar issue so here goes....
I have a 15" Macbook Pro, 1st Gen, 2,4Ghz, 4MB Ram, which was loaded with all of my music/design software (Logic 9, CS5, Final Cut Pro, etc), all of which was working fine on Volume Licences....until today. I am new to Macs having used PC's forever but am NOW a convert. :-)
Today I did a software update which updated virtually everything, but since doing so I am now asked for a serial number for Logic 9 ONLY!!! I don't currently have access to this info as partner who used to own machine is away, but having researched online I have found a way to sort it by amending something in the 'ProApps' folder. However, my 'ProApps' folder is completely EMPTY and doesn't even appear in the usual place (Library/Application Support/ProApps). It actually appears in Applications/Applications/Applications/Library/Application Support/ProApps!!! Is this the cause of my problem and if so, any idea how to put the folders back where they belong?
Or is there a way of 'backdating' my machine to a time prior to the updates, similar to system restore on a pc?
Many thanks for any help anyone can give me. :-)

A.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

You need the original install media and the license serial numbers that came with it. Do you have them? Did the person who sold the machine to you include them with the machine? Otherwise, the software is not legally registered to you.
QUOTE Thanks
Anno

Anno is on a distinguished road

They are at my business partners houe but like I said, he isn't around for a while. I heard that removing an id number woud reveal the original serial number, but like I said I can't find the ProApps folder with any info in it. :-(
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Macbook A1181 | Firewire Question »